The beginning of a new relationship is the best. Some people love it so much that they can’t get past it but remember that these flirty conversation starters can be used at any point in a relationship, not just the beginning.
But at the beginning, when you first meet someone and you’re trying to make a good impression on them while getting them to understand just how into them you are, flirty conversation starters can be great. They show that you’re interested in them but they also get the person you’re with in the right frame of mind.
Try not to be too cheesy but have some fun when you’re starting a conversation with someone you like. Small talk is boring. Why not go right to the fun and frisky conversation?
Tips For Using Flirty Conversation Starters
If you’re going to start off a conversation with someone you like with flirtatious conversation, you have to be careful. You don’t want to come across as creepy! It can be challenging to find the right balance between being flirty and genuine.
Here are some things to remember when starting a new relationship with flirty conversation.
- Get a feel for her vibe. Read her body language and take the setting into consideration. Sometimes it’s just not the right time and place to bring on the flirtatious feelings.
- You have to be confident. If you’re clumsy and not sure of yourself, you might come across as being fake and disingenuous. If you’re confident though, she’s sure to find you charming! Just be sure not to be too confident or she’ll just think you’re cocky!
- Compliments are always good. As long as they are real of course. Don’t throw out compliments that are obviously just fake. If she’s wearing thick glasses, it’s not going to seem real if you compliment her eyes. Compliment her on things you are impressed with. Remember that you can compliment her on things other than her appearance, too. Compliment her sense of humor, her kindness, or her driving skills.
- Make her laugh. Flirty should make her smile or even better, make her laugh. If you get her giggle uncontrollably or if she can’t stop smiling, you know you’re doing something right.
- Make sure questions are open-ended. Avoid questions that can be answered in one word or a simple yes or no. Open-ended questions get the conversation going and kee it going.
Let’s Break The Ice
One of the toughest things to do is start the conversation with someone you’ve never met. You see her from across the room and you’re dying to talk to her but you don’t know anyone she’s with and your friends don’t know her.
That shouldn’t stop you though. You can break the ice with a flirty conversation starter. This isn’t the same as a cheesy pickup line. The right conversation starter will make her smile or laugh and she’ll feel flattered, rather than annoyed.
- Is there a great Wi-Fi signal here because I’m feeling a really strong connection.
- You’ve got a great smile – what can I do to make you smile like that for the rest of the night?
- Do you think there’s such a thing as love at first sight? My friend says there isn’t and I’m determined to prove him wrong.
- Excuse me, but do I look familiar to you? I think we’ve met in my dreams.
- I’d love to take you to a movie even though I know you’d be the only thing I’d be watching all night.
- I think my phone is broken. It hasn’t been working right. Would you put your phone number in it for me and see if it saves it?
- My friend and I are having a debate over whether a guy like me could get a phone number from a girl who is obviously out of his league. He says there’s no way. Want to prove him wrong?
Once you have a girl’s phone number you can flirt with her via text and start a conversation. You don’t want to make her uncomfortable. Your goal should be to make her smile when she opens your message and make her immediately want to text you back.
Here’s some idea for flirty text that will make her look forward to getting messages from you:
- I’ve been trying to resist the urge to text you so soon but I can’t control myself when I think of you.
- I dare you not to smile when you get this text.
- I can’t believe you haven’t messaged me yet! I’ve been wanting to message you all day but I didn’t want to come across as too eager.
- How do you like to start your day? Is it with a good morning text from me?
- Everytime you message me I can’t help but smile. How many times will I smile today?
- I have to make a confession so don’t freak out – getting a text from you always makes me smile.
- Just in case you’ve been wondering, every day that ends in y is available in my calendar…
- Did you know I’m a practicing mind reader? For example: I think you’re thinking of me at this very moment. I’m right aren’t I?
- I bet you know how to make dreams come true. All you have to do is say you’ll go out with me tonight.
- <send cute meme> Made me think of you.
- Want to know what shows up on my phone when you message me? <show her her name with a cute emoji beside it>
- Could you do me a favor? Could you keep popping into my mind at random times during the day because my co-workers think I’m really happy now.
Once you’ve got her smiling with your flirty conversation starters, getting that first date with her will be super easy. You can keep the chat and the flirting going over dinner and win her heart!